Approx. Rs 150 / PieceGet Latest Price
|Minimum Order Quantity||5 Piece|
Hollow O-rings are an alternative to standard O-rings, when low closing force is required. The reduced closing force is achieved by replacing the solid cross-section by a hollow cross-section, without reducing the material hardness. Hollow O-rings are used for instance for sealing lids and doors.
- Low pressure static applications.
- Applications where low closing force is required.
- Applications with rough surface finish.
- Not suitable for: High pressure applications.
- Dynamic applications.
- How do Hollow O-Rings work? Hollow O-rings work the same as regular O-rings
- An O-ring is an elastic part placed between two parts and then squeezed to fill up the gap between the two parts.
- When placed under pressure, the ring is forced to “flow” within the groove toward the clearance gap.
- As the ring flows against the gap, it produces zero clearance and prevents the sealed substance from escaping.
- The difference between a regular O-ring and a Hollow ring is the fact that the hollow core makes it much more easy to compress the ring.